Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sacrifice

You said that fairy tales do not come true
and it would not be smart to pursue
any thoughts in my head of me and you.

But time went on and it became harder
to ignore the feelings that were getting stronger,
sucking me in I could feel the danger

of falling for you. But your voice inside my head
brings around all my doubts about you instead
and I can't help from feeling a bit mislead

by you. When you act one way to make me think
one thing but act the opposite makes my heart sink.
So here it is, what we have is on the brink

of your decision. Will you give your heart to me
and take the chance to make this work, knowingly
making the choice of a future we can't see.

Or will you be brave and strong and stay on track
to give your life not to me but in combat
'cause soldiers go to war and never come back.

No comments: